The Cannstatter Volksfest is very easy to reach by bicycle. A total of four parking spaces are available for visitors around the festival grounds:
Parking spaces for bicycles and motorised two-wheelers:
- under the Willi-Daume-Steg in the P10 car park area
- at the "Cannstatter Wasen" tram stop (SSB Mercedesstraße crossing)
Parking spaces for bicycles only:
- at the entrance to the Krämermarkt at the König-Karls-Brücke
- on the Neckar cycle path between the campsite and the recycling centre
No fees will be charged for the use of the parking spaces.
The bicycle parking spaces can be reached as follows:
- Willi-Daume-Steg: via Talstraße and Mercedesstraße
- festival entrance at the in.Stuttgart administration building: via the road leading to the campsite
- campsite/recycling yard: via the Neckar cycle path (e.g. from Marbach or Esslingen)
- Krämermarkt/König-Karls-Brücke: from the city centre, Rosensteinpark, Neckar cycle path
- "Cannstatter Wasen" tram stop: via Mercedesstraße, from Bad Cannstatt
SDS Security stewards will supervise the parking areas located at the main entrances – i.e. in the area of the in.Stuttgart administration building, at the "Cannstatter Wasen" tram stop and at the König-Karls-Brücke. These main entrances are additionally manned by police officers. The places at the Willi-Daume-Steg and at the camping site/recycling yard are not supervised.
This is what you should bear in mind if you are arriving by bike:
- Bicycle helmets and bicycle bags (larger than DIN A4) may not be taken into the marquee. Therefore, there is a helmet and luggage storage. They are located in an office container in front of the white building of the in.Stuttgart Veranstaltungsgesellschaft.
- Bicycle drinking bottles as well as long air pumps may not be taken onto the festival grounds.
- The festival grounds are to be considered a pedestrian zone. This means: if necessary, dismount on the last few metres, push the bike and patiently go through the control of the stewards.
- There is also a blood alcohol limit for bicycles and pedelecs. Penalties can be imposed for as little as 0.3 per mille. The second blood-alcohol level limit for bicycles (absolute inability to drive) is 1.6 per mille.
- There are large numbers of visitors at the Spring Festival. Therefore, all visitors – whether on foot, by car or by bicycle – must show mutual consideration.